Computer Home page

Get help with your broadband connection.

Re: Computer Home page

PostPosted by O2MACH2 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Bookmarks are favourites....I just click on bookmarks and I have a list of named sections in which are all my favourites and other useful URLs

EG under I.T. I have :

Boot Disks
Forums
Knowledge Base and Analysis Tools
O2
Speedtests
Technical Stuff

Under News I have :

Newspapers
TV Channels

To me a homepage as you describe it is cluttered with a lot of irrelevant items....that MSN page is dreadful...numerous items which I don't need to see. The Yahoo page is the same.
O2MACH2
Established Member

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Oh I see...so I could sort that into exactly what I want to access and not what THEY think I should be interested in?

If so, that does sound better :D

Its Yahoo I have at the moment..as I say it was fine till a couple of months ago...
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PostPosted by opium » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:32 am

The best thing to do is go and add this add-on to your firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... e-new-tab/

It means that your homepage should be a list of the 8 or 9 most visited sites you go on.

As for bookmarks, press CTRL + SHIFT + B. This will open your bookmarks folder.
On the left hand side of this window you will see folders and stuff, you want to click on Bookmarks Toolbar and then right click on it and tap New Folder. This is where you enter the name of your folder, say "News" or however you want to organise your own stuff

Then, whenever you are on a website that you want to save in a folder, you just press CTRL + D and select the folder. These will appear under the url box, for example - this is it on my Firefox:

opium
Established Member

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks for the link Josh...I have looked at it and it seems just what I want....

I will show it to my husband later today, purely because he is the computer whiz who builds/sets up all our computers (and if it goes pear shaped he 'fixes' it!!)

He isn't as bothered as I am about his home page..purely because I shop via internet for everything and check our online banking, so my favourites are mainly places

like Amazon, Asda, Ebay,Banks, Facebook and Forums ....
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Home broadband & home phone