BT Fibre

Get help with your broadband connection.

Re: BT Fibre

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:59 am

You will get a different answer from everyone Phill.
I am with BT and find it suits my needs. We have 3 Xboxes in the house and 3 laptops. No problems at all.
My son had Sky and he had a lot of issues with it running slow. Since he changed to BT he is much happier..
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PostPosted by MI5 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:44 am

From what I hear, BT is better than Sky, but I don't have BB with either......
Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
S3 i9305, Rooted, CM 12.1, Lycamobile.
Xperia Z5 Dual Sim, EE & O2.
Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet LTE, Three.

Imitation. The sincerest form of flattery
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/psl184
MI5
Site Admin

PostPosted by pdmoulsher » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Just switched to BT fibre, no problems so far - even with up to 8 people on at once :dance
Had Sky a few years back - nowhere near as good (non fibre tho)
Most recent (before BT) was Talktalk - utter rubbish :cleo
The only way is Android!
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Vodafone Red 4G
Any way the wind blows
pdmoulsher
Global Mod

PostPosted by jonsie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Been with Virginmedia around 18 months but the price has gradually gone up though no complaints at all with them. ...maybe time to renegotiate! However I don't really want to be tied to another 12 month contract. Thinking.....
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!
jonsie
Trustee

PostPosted by phillpark » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:49 am

My phone line switchover to Sky is 8th March. We'll see how it goes from there. The BT fibre with the hub 5 was the best WiFi service I've had so far, it was just the overall deal on TV, broadband & phone that prompted the deal. If Sky broadband doesn't shape up, I'll change again in 12 months.
Samsung Galaxy S6 - Next is now!

First Mobile: Cellnet Easylife payg in 1997
phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by phillpark » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:04 am

:cleo :cleo :cleo :cleo :cleo :cleo :cleo :cleo

Same s#!t as last time I switched providers:

My go live date was 8th. Sky said the switch could happen any time up to midnight on that day, and not to set up the router until the services had switched. By the time we went to bed on 8th BT fibre was still running. Woke up for work at 05:30 yesterday (9th), and noticed from the orange light on the BT Hub that it was no longer working. 'Happy Days' I thought, 'It's all switched over, when I get in I'll set up the Sky Hub, and away we go."

Mrs phillpark was bored, so decided to set up the Hub herself whilst I was at work. We get a permanent orange light indicating no internet. I phone Sky when I get home, and they blame BT, saying they have had a 'delay message' on their system, saying that BT haven't released the number to them, and that they've sent an email to BT's number porting team to resolve the issue, but because they've sent an email they aren't allowed to escalate the matter any further, and have to give BT 48 working hours to respond. If BT haven't sorted it by then they can escalate it they say, but this then wouldn't happen till Monday 14th, as the weekend obviously prevents global telecoms companies from conducting their business.

I decide to phone BT to tell them that Sky are blaming them for me having no service, and get a message on their phones saying the queue will be 30 mins to talk to someone as they are experiencing a high number of calls (again, a global telecoms company that hasn't got enough people to answer the phone - is that irony?). Their call back service where they 'hold my place in the queue' wouldn't accept calling me back on my mobile, even though it tells you (twice) that you can use a mobile number (which I needed them to use because the batteries in the DECT phone decided yesterday was the day to give up the ghost ( :cleo )). After deciding I'd wait for the 30 mins as I've got three kids and Mrs Phillpark all doing my nut in over the prospect of having no internet till Monday, I end up waiting 55 mins - that's FIFTY-FIVE MINUTES PEOPLE - to get through to someone, only to be passed around 3-4 different departments before finally being fobbed off with the words, 'our system shows no reason why Sky shouldn't be able to take over the line, but the department that actually deals with it can't help because their systems are offline and we don't know when they'll come back.'

So despite having a switchover date of the 8th, it didn't actually start happening to till the 9th, and having phoned Sky back up and telling them that BT were saying their isn't any reason why Sky can't take over the line, was told that that isn't accurate, but that whilst it could switch over 'at any time', they weren't going to do anything to try and sort it till Monday.

So potentially I have three tablets, two laptops, an Xbox, two Now TV boxes and a Fire Stick that might as well all be made out of chocolate (cos at least that would keep the kids happy for 5 mins), and an Xbox live subscription and a Now TV subscription that we are paying for and not able to use. Plus, when I try to call the home phone, it does appear to 'ring' to anyone that calls, but isn't actually ringing at home.

Why do these things, which must run smoothly for thousands of other customers every year, never run smoothly for me?

<Rant over :idk >

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by MI5 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Exactly why I stick with the devil I know !
Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
S3 i9305, Rooted, CM 12.1, Lycamobile.
Xperia Z5 Dual Sim, EE & O2.
Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet LTE, Three.

Imitation. The sincerest form of flattery
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/psl184
MI5
Site Admin

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:33 pm

Now my daughter in law did a similar swap from BT to Sky. It went without a hitch.

However they moved house in Oct....only 50 yards up the road...She has now switched back to BT.. as Sky was crap in the new place :DD
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PostPosted by phillpark » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:31 pm

We've had a nightmare with the Sky broadband, they don't understand why, we don't understand why. Speeds regualery less than 1Mb (yes one Mb), when we're paying for up to 40Mb fibre.

I can't fault their customer services though. They have agreed to relaease us from the broadband and talk contract, as they cannot offer me the services i was promised. No hassle, no stress, just held their hands up and have accepted it ain't working. They are even refunding me my activation fee for the fibre, as it hasn't ever really worked. Got a Virgin 50Mb 'install-yourself' pack hopefully arriving today.....

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by pdmoulsher » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Good luck, hope it goes well :)
The only way is Android!
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Vodafone Red 4G
Any way the wind blows