BT Fibre

Get help with your broadband connection.

Re: BT Fibre

PostPosted by phillpark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:07 pm

pdmoulsher wrote:Good luck, hope it goes well :)

It did! (For a change). Intalled the box, activated it, and all the speed tests ever since have ranged between 49 an 51 Mb/s!

It's one of the new(ish) Hub V.3. It's a white thing, and confused me initially as it was only sending out one SSID but I knew it ran both 2.4 & 5Ghz. Transpires it switches your device automatically between the two to get you the best connection, and (allegedly) does this seamlessly so you wont even notice the switch when it happens.

Very pleased so far; it's cheaper than Sky's, faster than Sky's, runs both frequencies, and IT WORKS! :lol
Samsung Galaxy S6 - Next is now!

First Mobile: Cellnet Easylife payg in 1997
phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by viridis » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:41 pm

phillpark wrote:
pdmoulsher wrote:Good luck, hope it goes well :)

It did! (For a change). Intalled the box, activated it, and all the speed tests ever since have ranged between 49 an 51 Mb/s!

It's one of the new(ish) Hub V.3. It's a white thing, and confused me initially as it was only sending out one SSID but I knew it ran both 2.4 & 5Ghz. Transpires it switches your device automatically between the two to get you the best connection, and (allegedly) does this seamlessly so you wont even notice the switch when it happens.

Very pleased so far; it's cheaper than Sky's, faster than Sky's, runs both frequencies, and IT WORKS! :lol

Hint of the day, go into the settings and separate the ssids,
viridis
Site Admin

PostPosted by phillpark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I'm on strict orders not to 'mess with it' at the mo, as it's been a month since we had a reliable Internet connection. :crazy
Samsung Galaxy S6 - Next is now!

First Mobile: Cellnet Easylife payg in 1997
phillpark
Trustee

Previous

Return to Home broadband & home phone