Now TV

Anything else you need help with

Now TV

PostPosted by phillpark » Mon May 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Does anyone on here use Now TV, more specifically for the movies?

We've been looking at adding Sky Movies (11 channels) to our BT Youview package for £13.50, but a Now TV movie pass is £10.00pm. As they are both operated by Sky does Now TV have exactly the same movies as the Sky movie channels, or do Sky keep some back for their actual Sky TV bundles?
Samsung Galaxy S6 - Next is now!

First Mobile: Cellnet Easylife payg in 1997
phillpark
Trustee

Re: Now TV

PostPosted by MI5 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:11 pm

I can't speak from experience but it looks like you only get the scheduled films and non of the on demand services?
http://www.nowtv.com/movies
Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
S3 i9305, Rooted, CM 12.1, Lycamobile.
Xperia Z5 Dual Sim, EE & O2.
Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet LTE, Three.

Imitation. The sincerest form of flattery
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/psl184
MI5
Site Admin

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Mon May 11, 2015 8:54 pm

MI5 wrote:I can't speak from experience but it looks like you only get the scheduled films and non of the on demand services?
http://www.nowtv.com/movies

We had a months free trial but didn't use it much at all...so let it lapse...
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PostPosted by viridis » Mon May 11, 2015 11:55 pm

phillpark wrote:Does anyone on here use Now TV, more specifically for the movies?

We've been looking at adding Sky Movies (11 channels) to our BT Youview package for £13.50, but a Now TV movie pass is £10.00pm. As they are both operated by Sky does Now TV have exactly the same movies as the Sky movie channels, or do Sky keep some back for their actual Sky TV bundles?

I've got it,
You get the choice of loads of movies (some are pretty new releases) and can watch the movie channels live (but not on demand or premier)
Selection is far better than netflix and you can also add passes for entertainment (TV series and full seasons etc) this also allows you to watch the live entertainment channels too.
viridis
Site Admin

PostPosted by phillpark » Tue May 12, 2015 8:31 am

So when you're using it are there 'channels' on it like 'Sci-Fi' or 'Family' or is it more like Netflix with a UI to search for films?

And do they gave ALL of what's available on Sky Movies in terms of the number of movies and new releases etc, or just most of them?

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by phillpark » Tue May 12, 2015 8:38 am

I've basically got the option to add Sky Movies to my BT package for £13.50 a month, or I could buy a Now TV box with 2 or 3 month movie pass so I could have the box upstairs in the bedroom and log in via the app on the Youview box downstairs .

Only annoying thing is if I do it via BT you have to pay an extra fiver a month to then watch on mobile devices too (which I'm not prepared to do), or I could use the Now TV app. The app seems to be being slated on Google Play though?

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by viridis » Fri May 15, 2015 10:26 am

Tbh I've not had any problems with the app,
Your best bet is to get a months trial of now Tv which is free and see how it fits in your needs.
viridis
Site Admin

PostPosted by Gillsfankev » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 pm

When I had it I didn't have any issues with it at all really. The app worked fine as well although beware that you can only activate 3 devices at any one time and unless they've changed the rules you couldn't have more than 5 devices a year.
Yooooooooouu Arrrrrrrrreeeeee
Gillsfankev
Global Mod

PostPosted by phillpark » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:26 am

I believe you can now add up to 4 devices, but only then change 1 per month. You can stream on two simultaneously. I signed up for the 30 days free, immediately cancelled the renewal, and as soon as I pressed the cancel button got a pop-up saying 'we don't want to see you go, how does 4 months of movies at £4.99pm sound?'

I said yes to that so I'm effectively getting 5 months of Sky Movies for under £20, as apposed to & £13.5 pm via BT!

phillpark
Trustee

Return to Other products