HELP! Customer Service dispute!

Get help with your pay monthly service

Re: HELP! Customer Service dispute!

PostPosted by MI5 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 pm

viridis wrote:
MI5 wrote:
viridis wrote:Once device plan is paid, you are only liable for the 30 days Airtime in the notice period.

Notice period has passed now though and line disconnected?

Ahh yes, forgot that. :facepalm

To recap though, if I were to ring up with a 90 device plan remaining and cancel I would expect to pay (with 12.50 Airtime)
£102.50
90 Airtime (Feb DD payment is already deducted from device plan by 22nd)
12.50 (30 day notice)

Am I right there?

Yes, exactly how I see it and would have been reduced if any bills had been generated between the quote and the payment date.
Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
S3 i9305, Rooted, CM 12.1, Lycamobile.
Xperia Z5 Dual Sim, EE & O2.
Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet LTE, Three.

Imitation. The sincerest form of flattery
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/psl184
MI5
Site Admin

PostPosted by phillpark » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:29 pm

I appreciate all the assistance guys.

Are you advising that we pay the £60 as it is now (the £90 referred to in the live chat), and then state that we have given the relevant notice, paid the relevant amount and hope they see common sense?
Samsung Galaxy S6 - Next is now!

First Mobile: Cellnet Easylife payg in 1997
phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by phillpark » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:30 pm

MI5 wrote:I'm struggling to see where the extra £56 is coming from, tbh.....?

They're saying the £56 is now what remains of the airtime contract to pay it off until the original 24 month end contract date.

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by MI5 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:46 pm

phillpark wrote:
MI5 wrote:I'm struggling to see where the extra £56 is coming from, tbh.....?

They're saying the £56 is now what remains of the airtime contract to pay it off until the original 24 month end contract date.

That is another common system glitch with O2 - you don't have to pay the remainder of the airtime with refresh - you just have to pay 1 month once the device plan is settled, so as said above, if the device plan settlement was £90 at the time, you should have been billed £90 + 1 months airtime @£12.50.
You need to point out to CS (or complaints) that you have given notice and the line was disconnected at the end of that period and they will need to adjust your bill accordingly.

MI5
Site Admin

PostPosted by phillpark » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:14 pm

I've literally spent over an hour arguing with O2 that we shouldn't be paying airtime too. Are they honestly gonna make those adjustments? I spoke to customer services and collections, who were the people calculating the bill.

We'll pay the £60 and say we have already paid the notice period's airtime and then see what happens.

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by MI5 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:19 pm

I dunno what they have to argue about, unless I'm missing something.
Put in the complaint and let them deal with their mess.

MI5
Site Admin

PostPosted by phillpark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Phoned up yesterday and have paid the device plan. Will lodge a complaint and see what happens.....

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by MI5 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Good luck :)

MI5
Site Admin

PostPosted by phillpark » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:48 pm

Ok, I've drafted the compalint letter, but don't know where to send it??? How To Complain says you can contact them via post, but doesn't give a postal address? Any ideas anyone?

Also, I'm sure from my time on O2 forum some people end up e-mailing the chief exec directly. Do they still do this sort of thing? Is it worth a shot?

Copy of the rough draft below, any thoughts? Want it to get the job done so any criticism welcome...

I feel compelled to write to you, having received a far from satisfactory service so far from your live chat and customer service / collection departments.

The circumstances of my complaint are that, having been unhappy for some time with the signal quality and 4G speeds I was receiving with O2, I decided to look around for other mobile phone deals with other network providers. I found a deal I liked on a rival network, and so on xxxx contacted O2 via live chat to ascertain how long I had left on my current contract, and how much money it would cost to finish the contract earlier than the 24 month standard agreement.

I was told clearly and unambiguously that I needed to pay £90 to clear my contract, and that it could either be paid in one go at that time, or that I could give notice that I wanted the contract to end, and await a final bill.

When I finally came to clear the £90, that amount had reduced to £60 due to further direct debits having been taken from my account. I telephoned customer services on xxxx to pay the £60, but was told by the customer service agent that the total was £90 due to the airtime contract needing to be cleared also. As you will see on the live chat there is no mention of this: I specifically asked how much it would cost to end my contract, not just to simply pay off my device plan.

I have attached an edited copy of the live chat to this letter for your ease of reference, though I believe that you can also view it via your computer systems. As can clearly be seen on the live chat I ask:
“It says I will pay £90 if I was to upgrade now but is that the amount I would pay altogether to end my contract?”
And the response is given:
“…you just need to pay £90.00 for both cancel and upgrade…”
So I in turn confirm:
“So I can finish my contract today for £90 if I wanted to?”
And am told:
“Yes correct”
A discussion is then had on different ways to implement the ending of the contract, and the chat finishes. Looking at those questions and answers there can be no ‘grey area’ in that your operative has told me that I need to pay £90 to finalise my contract.

After passing security checks my husband spoke to the customer service agent, as he was going to pay the £60 to clear the account. The initial person he spoke to on xxxx kept putting him on hold whilst they spoke to someone from another department, so he asked that he be transferred to that person, to ‘cut out the middle man’. I believe he then spoke to someone in collections who stated that the airtime plan would also need to be cleared, and that nothing could be done about it.

Despite spending the best part of an hour on the phone in total with the two members of your staff, and the person in collections saying that he could see the live chat transcript, and that the advisor had gotten it wrong, he was still unmoving in his demands that the £90 be paid in full. This would equate to me paying nearly £60 more than I had been told I would need to, and that’s without including the airtime direct debits that had already been taken in the interim period between the live chat and us coming to try and clear the account.

The staff member in collections told my husband that basically even though the live chat operative had gotten it wrong, and that he could see what had been said on his screen, that it was irrelevant because it was in my terms and conditions and that therefore the full amount would have to be paid.

At this point frustration got the better of us and the call was ended. Within 48 hours we had telephoned back and cleared the £60 device plan, as we have no issues with paying the amount we were told would need to be paid.

My complaint is that I cannot believe that a multi-national, multi-billion profit global company is being so obtuse in relation to the airtime contract. Had I have been told in the live chat that both the device plan and airtime plan would need clearing before the contract would be finished, I simply would not have gone ahead. It was based on the advice of your staff that I then committed to another mobile phone contract with another provider, and have not used the O2 number or it’s allowance since, even though I had paid more direct debits on the account and it was actually still running.

I think that it is absolutely disgraceful that when O2 is clearly in the wrong that your staff have such an inflexible attitude, and have tried to blame us by saying ‘it’s in the terms and conditions’ when the whole point of having services like live chat is to allow customers to find out exactly this sort of information in an easily accessible fashion.

I have cancelled my direct debit as I do not permit you to take further airtime contract payments from my account. Common sense and common decency would dictate that O2 should waiver that as it is clearly not mentioned by your own staff when a specific question about ending the contract is asked.

I cannot express to you enough how upset and angry this whole incident has left me. We have acted in good faith on the advice of your staff, and then when that advice turned out to be wrong, we are in effect told “tough luck, pay us anyway.”

I firmly believe the right thing for O2 to do in this situation would be to waiver the airtime contract, of which I have already made two direct debit payments anyway. I also believe that any impartial person looking at the content of the live chat would agree with me.

I hope that you can see this matter in the same way as I do, and trust we can reach a sensible conclusion. You can contact me via post at the above address, or via my email that you hold on file.

phillpark
Trustee

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:56 pm

How to complain here Phill http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
But you do need to go through the process as laid out. There is an email address but its further on in the complaints procedure complaintreviewservice@o2.com
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Pay monthly