WiFi TV Abroad

Anything else you need help with

WiFi TV Abroad

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:34 am

I thought I would post about a new experience whilst here in Spain. Its not really off topic as it is in the other product category.
A few years back Southern Spain lost access to Sky. (I have no idea of the technicalities...something to do with a change of satellite signal)
This meant millions of people lost access to UK TV
I was reasonably lucky in that my apartment block had its own massive satellite on the roof and we were able to pick up BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Sky news.

Then along came WiFi. (No laughter please...it was slow to get here)
I had it installed initially for PC, Tablet and Phone use.

Last week I had a little WiFi box(Android 4K) linked to my TV......all I can say is wow, just bloody wow :rockin

Suddenly the power of the internet is at my fingertips via the TV and I have my pick of 100's of TV channels via Freeview
(Picture below is from the site to show what it looks like at start up

Of course even more amazing (FOR ME) was the MOBDRO app I had downloaded to my phone... this synced across and was installed on the TV.
I now have access to all the Sky Channels (Including F1)

Not a big deal for those who come away to lie by the pool and sunbathe. However, many people come to Spain for long periods in the winter. This will help tremendously
A brilliant little device. There are many others out there ...so not promoting one product...I am just expressing my amazement at the versatility of this one
I think I will get one for the TV upstairs at home.
For the cost (£35-45)...it has to be worth it
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

Re: WiFi TV Abroad

PostPosted by jonsie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 am

Excellent I'll have to see about getting one here when i move into the new home.
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!
jonsie
Trustee

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:53 am

So really you get all the freeview channels you would get back in the UK via the internet browser....(I actually use a WiFi mouse as it's much quicker than the remote)
Then when you come out of that you click on Mobdro which gives you all the same TV channels plus those across the world AND ALL the Sky Channels.
No subscription, no Sky ID... no nothing.
I have BT Sports as well...and every other damn sports channel I choose. :lol

It's a blumming miracle. Fingers crossed it lasts :lol :lol
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PostPosted by viridis » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:15 am

After reading this I'm gonna be putting mobdro on my xiaomi Box I think, finding a good provider app is hard.
Thanks
viridis
Site Admin

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:24 am

I do have to stress this is in NO way a review. It isn't technical. It is purely Cleo falling back in amazement at the way this little box (and MobDro) has opened up a whole new world of TV viewing here in Spain...
Now off to get some sun on the balcony :dance :dance
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PostPosted by Cairdeas » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:27 am

Cleoriff wrote:I thought I would post about a new experience whilst here in Spain. Its not really off topic as it is in the other product category.
A few years back Southern Spain lost access to Sky. (I have no idea of the technicalities...something to do with a change of satellite signal)
This meant millions of people lost access to UK TV
I was reasonably lucky in that my apartment block had its own massive satellite on the roof and we were able to pick up BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Sky news.

Then along came WiFi. (No laughter please...it was slow to get here)
I had it installed initially for PC, Tablet and Phone use.

Last week I had a little WiFi box(Android 4K) linked to my TV......all I can say is wow, just bloody wow :rockin

Suddenly the power of the internet is at my fingertips via the TV and I have my pick of 100's of TV channels via Freeview
(Picture below is from the site to show what it looks like at start up

Of course even more amazing (FOR ME) was the MOBDRO app I had downloaded to my phone... this synced across and was installed on the TV.
I now have access to all the Sky Channels (Including F1)

Not a big deal for those who come away to lie by the pool and sunbathe. However, many people come to Spain for long periods in the winter. This will help tremendously
A brilliant little device. There are many others out there ...so not promoting one product...I am just expressing my amazement at the versatility of this one
I think I will get one for the TV upstairs at home.
For the cost (£35-45)...it has to be worth it

Wow Den.. That sounds amazing.. And may be just what I'm looking for, for my bedroom. Thanks so much for posting. Need to find one here now xx
Cairdeas
Trustee

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:38 am

Various boxes are available on Amazon. I am sure 'the lads' may point you to a different make and model Cairdeas. This one is fine for me....Remembering that other folk come to my apartment so not looking for top of the range. :rockin
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

PostPosted by viridis » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:59 am

They are all muchly the same thing, check the specs of each and go for the one that is powerful enough for the job.
Check reviews.
viridis
Site Admin

PostPosted by jonsie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:02 am

I'm sold....... :rockin
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!
jonsie
Trustee

PostPosted by Cleoriff » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:11 am

jonsie wrote:I'm sold....... :rockin

And me ......as I am just watching F1 qualifying AGAIN :dance
The Game Is On....
Cleoriff
Global Mod

Next

Return to Other products